On a November morning in 1979, as he was entering a forest  alongside the M8 Motorway, joined only by his trusty dog. Taylor had been  carrying out his usual business as an area developmental officer, with intent of  observing some sapling trees in the forest nearby. The two had traveled by foot  into the forest, and upon reaching a clearing a few hundred feet into the area,  Taylor was surprised to see a large, circular object hovering above the ground.  The “craft”, which really was just a large, dark-colored metallic sphere, seemed  void of any identifying characteristics, save only the appearance of some kind  of rim along it’s center, and a series of “portholes” just above this area.  Curiously, the craft somehow also managed to appear translucent in  certain areas; Taylor likened this to being what he believed was some kind of an  attempt by the craft at camouflaging itself. Despite the strange, seemingly  otherworldly technology present before him, Robert Taylor then ensured that his  encounter would go down in UFO-history (though he knew it not at the time), and  started off in the direction of the craft, hoping for a better look.  Indeed, in  retrospect many of us are probably asking how many terrible mishaps we could  name that began just like this? One might even wonder if Taylor hadn’t seen any  of the more famous film representations of what happened to individuals who  approached spacecraft hovering nearby, and thus proceeded with greater caution.  On the other hand, this was reality, of course, or so he thought… the potential  for bodily harm couldn’t have been like what one might expect to see on the  silver screen, right? Whatever the actual thought process going through Taylor’s  mind at the time may actually have been, as he began to near the object, he was  startled by the sudden appearance of two smaller metallic orbs, which dropped  suddenly from the craft. As they neared the Earth, the two objects produced a  number of bizarre appendages, which they then used to make their way across the  ground toward him. Upon reaching Taylor, the strange little metallic spheres  began to latch onto the the very surprised surveyor’s trouser legs with their  metallic apparatus, subsequently releasing a noxious gas that smelled like  “burning automobile brake linings.” Taylor began to feel ill, and just before  being dragged directly towards the strange object–now hovering mere feet away  from him–Taylor fell forward and blacked out.  If an abduction of any kind had  taken place, Taylor certainly seemed to remain unaware of it, though he did  suffer a variety of strange aftereffects following his close proximity to the  foreign-looking aircraft. Immediately upon awaking, Taylor found himself unable  to speak, and had similar difficulty when attempting to walk. Though he  eventually made it back to his car, Taylor is alleged to have driven right off  the road, and was then forced to attempt getting home on foot. Still noticeably  disturbed by this experience, Taylor’s wife was equally concerned when she  watched her husband walk in, visibly disoriented and claiming that he had “been  gassed.” Here’s where things get interesting. Taylor was later seen by a doctor,  who found only minimal signs of injury following the contactee’s ordeal. Police,  however, filed the investigation under a “common assault,” following a report  made to area law enforcement by Taylor’s supervisor, a man named Malcolm  Drummond. Thus, in addition to garnering widespread attention for his  otherworldly encounter, Taylor’s case became the first UFO report that received official investigation under the Scottish Lothian Borders Police. NOTE: The  above image is a rendering.

Thanks to Mysterious Universe.