The owner of the Alpine lodge – referred to as Mr. L in the report, although named in NICAP’s files as Friedrich Lennartz – along with the property’s caretaker, Peter Zettel, were appreciating the stunning view of the snow-covered landscape through the equally impressive panoramic window of their picturesque building at around 8:30 pm on 10th December 1973.

Dominant in this picture, even at a distance of several miles, was Weitlahner Kopf, a mountain of some 1600 meters. However, on this particular evening, the two men could see a strange red light on or hovering just over the mountain top. They first believed it was a helicopter and so reached for their binoculars to attempt to confirm this.

After 20 minutes of watching the red light, and still believing it to be the cockpit light of a helicopter, Lennartz would fire a red flare gun into the air outside the property. If the pilot of the helicopter was in trouble, he reasoned at the time, then the flare would make them aware of help nearby.

However, within moments of him firing the flare, the object appeared to respond. And not at all in the way the witness would expect a helicopter to. It began to glow a deeper, brighter red color while at the same time, rising into the air, stopping and hovering at an approximate distance of 200 meters above the ground.

Then, it moved toward the two men’s location.

Activity Proceeds Across The Austrian Border

The witness would estimate that the object – which he could now see most certainly wasn’t a helicopter – was around two miles away. What’s more, it was decidedly egg-shaped with a transparent upper dome. Around the underside were rotating, flashing lights, seemingly moving and flashing at random.

Lennartz would recall how the lights went in a counterclockwise direction and “without any apparent system”. He would also recall how the flashing lights had the appearance of fluorescent tubes.

Of most interest to the two men, however, was how absolutely silent the craft was.

Given their location at the southern border of the country, Lennartz had remained in contact with mountain rescue services in Austria and Czechoslovakia. Especially when the object appeared to head over the Austrian border in the direction of the Klausenberg mountain. It appeared to hover directly over the top of the mountain for a short time.

After several moments the strange object began in motion again, this time heading to a nearby lodge (the Klausner lodge). It remained over the top of the building for some time, during which Lennartz would make radio contact with the owner to advise them of the bizarre object overhead. As it happened, they too had been observing the object.

Two Hours Previously In France!

The craft would remain in its hovering position for some time. Ultimately Lennartz would fire off another red flare wondering if it might move or respond once again. At the Klausner lodge, the dogs were, according to the later report, “whimpering” and pawing at the cabin door in an effort to gain entry to the building and out of sight of the mysterious object.

Although the response was not as rapid as it had been before, the aerial vehicle began to rise into the air once more shortly after. It would do so slowly at first before zipping into the distance at “breakneck speed” and vanishing from sight.

Unbeknown to the witnesses on the German side of the border, around two hours previously on the French side of the mountainous divide in Ouzoues-sur-Loire, a married couple in their 50s, along with several other witnesses who were with them, as well as “several gendarmes” who would respond to the incident, would witness a “5-meter tall cone-shaped” craft hovering only a matter of feet from the surface of the ground. The object would then move off, calmly into the distance and disappear.

The similarities of a “cone-shaped craft” and an “egg-shaped” one are perhaps obvious to all of us. As is the close proximity of the sightings to each other. Might the craft viewed in France in the early evening and the one viewed by the lodge owner and caretaker in the German mountain forests several hours later be one and the same thing? NOTE: The above image is real but from Milton Vermont.






Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.